Very Rare Robin Hood Promo Cards


 

I am constantly surprised by the various memorabilia that appears from Walt Disney's Story of Robin Hood. After 15 years of blogging about this wonderful film, my readers still make me aware of items I have never seen that are up for auction.

John Nelson has sent me images of a series of extremely rare promotional cards.




As we have seen, the Walt Disney organisation backed their films with a huge promotional campaign - and still do.



Do you know which character was illustrated on the missing card, (number 8)? Or if you have seen this set of cards before please let me know.

There are over 81 pages on this blog showing the memorabilia connected to Walt Disney's Story of Robin Hood. Just click on the 'Memorabilia' label.

5 comments:

Clement Glen said...

Many thanks to John Nelson for making me aware of these cards.

Neil said...

I have never heard of or seen such items from the film as these. As you say Walt Disney was way ahead of his time with film promotion. I personally think that the promotional film 'The Riddle of Robin Hood' which was give to the BBC was a master stroke, and they showed it time and time again during the Test Card intermissions - there was only one channel anyway so anyone tuning in would have to watch it. Brilliant - at the time I cannot think of a film better promoted nor can I think of anyone else who effectively got as many minutes if not hours of free advertising on the BBC of all places. Television was just so different in those days - it would be difficult for anyone used to what we have now, to comprehend it. I have to say though- it was good.

Clement Glen said...

Disney Time, which was shown even Bank Holiday, was another very clever promotional idea. I must admit I loved watching it!

Anonymous said...


You are very welcome Clement Glen.

Keep up the good work, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Stay safe and healthy.

All the very best for 2022.

John.

Clement Glen said...

John.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.