Maidenhead Advertiser




My blog has made it into the newspapers! Well, the Maidenhead Advertiser. At the beginning of January, I was contacted by the Senior News and Entertainment Reporter Laura Enfield :

“Hi,
I work for the Maidenhead Advertiser and came across your Robin Hood blog entry about Joan Rice.

As far as I am aware we have never done anything about her living in the area and we would like to.
Please can you get in touch if you would be willing to pass on any information, pictures etc. that may be of use?”

I admitted to her that all the information I knew about Joan, was on my website and that she was quite welcome to use any pictures she liked. I also passed on to her Joan’s friend- Maria Steyn’s email address -for any more background details.

Laura’s appeal for information on Joan Rice appeared in the Maidenhead Advertiser on January 22nd and the Windsor Express on January 23. She told me that a lot of people came forward, but she didn’t have time to speak to them all, which is a shame. Although she has promised me that she will pass on their details and any more information.

On what would have been Joan Rice’s 79th birthday, I received an email from Laura with copies of the newspaper articles; included was this piece by Laura, from the Maidenhead Advertiser dated January 29th:

"
The final resting place of Hollywood legend Joan Rice has been revealed. Calls flooded in to the Advertiser after an appeal for information was run in last week’s paper.

The former Maidenhead and Cookham resident died in 1997 and the location of her grave was a mystery to many fans and friends. The Royal Borough’s Cemetery Team has confirmed that the star of Disney’s 1952 movie Robin Hood is buried at Braywick Cemetery."

Braywick ‘Lawn Cemetery’ is in Braywick Road, Maidenhead in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.

For more information please click on the label Joan Rice.

1 comment:

Clement Glen said...

Joan Rice
Maidenhead Advertiser
Braywick Cemetery