The Story of Robin Hood Poster


 

Above is an undated poster I have recently discovered for Walt Disney's live-action movie The Story of Robin Hood and his Merrie Men. We now have an impressive collection of these from all over the world and they can be found by clicking on the 'poster' label on this blog.

This recent discovery is very similar to the one below:



Both seem to be from same period, but when was that? 

IMDb state that apart from its first showing in 1952, the film was re-released in the UK on the 28th of July 1957 and the 19th of September 1971.

If anyone can put a date on these two posters, please get in touch.

3 comments:

Clement Glen said...

The Story of Robin Hood poster, but when was this printed ?

Neil said...

My own view would be that this was from the 1952 release - only because I have it in my head that the title was shortened for later releases and became 'The Story of Robin Hood'- but then again, I am almost changing my mind as I write because the 1952 release had Joan Rice billed up there with Richard Todd - but these Posters show her to be down the cast a little. Yes in 1952 the billing was 'starring Richard Todd and Joan Rice'
After all this, I can say that I just don't know.

Clement Glen said...

Thanks Neil. Yes it confuses me not only because of Joan's billing but the design of the poster. Hopefully someone else will help.